You may perform the following tasks for any Organization or sub-organization to which you have Administrator privileges:
- Edit an Organization: See Editing an Organization.
- Manage the Administrator(s): See Managing Administrators.
Editing an Organization
To edit an Organization:
- In the My Organizations screen, click the name of the Organization you want to edit in the Name column of the table.
The Update Organization screen appears with the Organization’s current information already filled in.
- Make your desired changes, and then click the gray Update Organization button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes and return to the My Organizations screen.
Note: This process does not include adding or changing Administrators.
The Admin Console allows you to add, edit, or remove one or more Administrator(s) for an Organization:
- By default, a newly created Organization has no primary Administrator. The Administrator(s) of any parent Organization(s) will have administrator’s privileges for any sub-organization even if it doesn’t have an Administrator.
- If you do not wish to add an Administrator for a sub-organization in your hierarchy, then you don’t assign any Administrators and continue to administer that Organization.
- If you do wish to specify one or more user(s) as the Administrator(s) for an Organization, then use the procedure below.
To manage the Administrator(s) for an Organization:
- Click the Manage Administrator link for the Organization for which you want to manage Administrators.
- Manage the Administrator(s) as follows:
- Click the Assign button in the Manage Administrator screen next to any non-Administrator user in the Assign administrators from the list of existing user accounts table to assign that user as an Administrator for the current Organization. That user appears in the Assigned Administrators table and has administrator’s privileges for that Organization.
- Click the Unassign button in the Manage Administrator screen next to any Administrator user in the Assigned administrators table or Assign administrators from the list of existing user accounts table to remove Administrator’s privileges from that user for the current Organization. That user disappears from the Assigned Administrators table and loses administrator’s privileges for that Organization.
- Click the Close button to save your changes and return to the My Organizations screen, which will reflect your changes.
Creation of Super Admins by SchoolMessenger Admins
Login to Admin console as a Sys Admin.
Go to Org Admin tab.
Find an appropriate organization and choose “Manage Administrators”
If Super Administrator is grayed out on your panel it means that “Super Administrator’s” privileges are disabled for user.
Turn on switcher to enable “Super Administrator’s” privileges for a specific user
Deleting an Organization
To delete one or more Organization(s):
- In My Organizations screen, check the box(es) corresponding to the Organization(s) you wish to delete, and then click the Delete icon (X) at the top of the table.
- Either click OK to confirm deleting the Organization(s), or Cancel to close the popup without deleting the Organization(s).
CAUTION: DELETING AN ORGANIZATION WILL REMOVE ALL INFORMATION ABOUT THAT ORGANIZATION AND ITS ADMINISTRATORS, SUB-ORGS, GROUPS, USERS AND RESOURCES. THIS ACTION CANNOT BE UNDONE; IF YOU DELETE IN ERROR YOU WILL NEED TO REENTER ALL INFORMATION FROM SCRATCH.